Monday, August 2, 2010

What to do with ALL those strawberries?

Well, after receiving the flat of strawberries... I had to figure out what to do with all of them ... because we definitely wouldn't be able to eat all of them.
I have been really hungry for salad. SO I figured... why not make a salad dressing?
I mean I eat strawberries in spinach salad ... and I like them .. so Why not?!
now mind you I made this dressing up so I will have no accurate measurements or anything ...
I put two handfuls of strawberries in the food processor.
I added a clove of garlic
stevia (2 packs)
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
coconut oil (next time I will use olive oil if I don't want the caribbean flavor)
lime juice (about a quarter of a cup)
red wine vinegar ( i am thinking rice wine vinegar might be nice next time)
I served this over salad greens (i also chopped some cucumber and zuccini for mr. abbott)
Now I am thinking after eating this I would slice a whole cucumber and put dressing over the top... YUM
but it was ESPECIALLY good with the chicken which I seasoned with garlic ,kosher salt , and paprika and a touch of pepper.

it was good and something different. I was a little nervous about it because I was inventing something.
I want to tweak the recipe because I think it can taste better ... so if any of you have any suggestions... I am all over it.
What else
Oh yeah I worked an 8 hour day .
THEN I came home mopped both bathroom floors cleaned the OUTSIDE of the toilets
Dusted the wood furniture...
Watered all of the plants around the house and on the outside of the house.
Have I mentioned the heat is stifling here?
Then I came in and cooked the above dinner.
::yawn::
feeling really tired... REALLY.
I am thinking of using that bathbomb and shea butter soap and relaxing in the tub.
I soooo wish I had one of those big roman tubs to really enjoy it... BUT no such luck ... little bathtub.. little bath time .. :)
What else ... OH yes...
True Blood last night... I really do love this show... no matter how bloody and raw it gets...
I am so glad I read the books before this show came out... it just makes it that much better ;)
I sat down and added a LIST of movies to my netflix account.
We don't go out much anymore so ... movie nights are in.
my major craving for the day is a coca cola slurpee... actually for the last 4 days..

but, for now, I am enjoying spending some snuggle time with my little shih-tzu Mollie Mae.
It is a lovely evening now that my feet are up!

Still recovering from the dehydration from yesterday . Have been guzzling water! but my legs and butt cheeks are still very crampy.

I was listening to Jesus Jones' Right here Right Now... and I am soooo loving the line where it says "You know it feels good , to be alive"
I think that will be my theme for the week... because even with painful muscles ... It really feels good to be alive ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment