Thursday, July 22, 2010



Another Disneyland flower.
(took this at California Adventure)
I loved how it was this giant ball of flower !
Today I am a little less stressed but it is Friday ... and Friday's ALWAYS ROCK! Especially in corporate America. Yesterday I had a song by Phil Vassar in my head I will most likely post the youtube video later just because.
The kids screaming,
phone ringing
Dog barking at the mailman bringing
That stack of bills - overdue
Good morning baby, how are you?
Got a half hour, quick shower
Take a drink of milk but the milk's gone sour
My funny face makes you laugh
Twist the top on and I put it back
There goes the washing machine
Baby, don't kick it. I promise I'll fix it
'long with about a million other things
Well, it's ok.
It's so nice
It's just another day in paradise
Well, there's no place thatI'd rather be
Well, it's two hearts
And one dream
I wouldn't trade it for anything
And I ask the Lord every night
For just another day in paradise
Friday, you're late
Guess we'll never make our dinner date
At the restaurant you start to cry
Baby, we'll just improvise
Well, plan B looks likeDominoes' pizza in the candle light
Then we'll tippy toe to our room
Make a little love that's overdue
But somebody had a bad dream
Mama and daddy
Can me and my teddy
Come in to sleep in between?
Yeah it's ok.
It's so nice.
It's just another day in paradise.
Well, there's no place thatI'd rather be
Well, it's two hearts
And one dream
I wouldn't trade it for anything
And I ask the Lord every night
For just another day in paradise
paradise
Speaks volumes eh? It really is a great song, and captures how I have been feeling this week. Yesterday being NO exception ;). It was a very hard day ... thousands of calls coming in ... I was exhausted well before I got off work at 2:30 pm. I went to the grocery store and didn't get home til after 3 :30 pm. I was so lazy I bought a roasted chicken and just steamed broccoli for dinner. (so tasty)
When I got home, Mr. Abbott was laid out on the floor in front of the fan with Mollie Mae snuggled next to his tummy and looking at him worried-like. He worked the farmers market yesterday selling farm fresh nuts and dried fruits . He got extremely dehydrated drank 2 gallons of water in a 4 hour period and could not urinate (sorry I know tmi) I went to store and bought him 4 gatorade g2's and he drank 2 of the 32 oz bottles. finally 2 hours later he was able to process liquid.
It really scared me as he was unable to talk or anything for like 30 minutes.
and YAY us we will be in the heat on Sunday doing this together !
I am getting a cooler out to make sure we have ice and cold towels for while we are selling.
We watched the BOUNTY HUNTER last night, it was.... meh...
There were funny parts but I didn't really care for it, I didn't find any chemistry between Jennifer Anniston and Gerard whatever his name is .
it was better for cable than for rent but thank goodness I only redboxed it. :)
then Mr. Abbott went to take a shower.
Mollie was in such a loving playful mood (far beyond her normal). I was laying on the floor and playing a little with her during the movie. Then when Don left I was on my hands and knees and she was running under my arms and then kissing me. then running and coming back and pouncing me. I was making kissing sounds "mwah mwah mwah" and she was doing little barking sounds "woof woof woof" it was quite funny . I will try to video it next time ... (IF there is a next time) .
Sometimes I think my dog is part demon. At the least she is strong willed. She is petted when she wants and she is affectionate when she wants . If she doesn't want or if you discipline her... watch your toes and fingers ... "rawwwr" she will attack!
I know she looks sweet and innocent but don't believe it!
Tonight is going to be a quiet nite on the home front . I am going to make some grilled chicken and maybe some fauxtatos or zuccini.
I will post pics if it is interesting....
Anyway paradise is calling... hope your end of the week is good :)

2 comments:

  1. yikes, hope he's feeling better...heat exhaustion is not a fun thing to have!!! The part about your dog cracked me up ;)
    Now...what are fauxtatos? I get the fake potato thing, but what do you make them out of?
    Hope you are having a fantabulous weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are made with cauliflower... I will look for the recipe I think Rainey posted it :) I should have it on this website soon.
    Mr. Abbott is doing better. although today was ... difficult we both came home with heat exhaustion. I don't think i have ever seen my face that color of purple before :)

    ReplyDelete