Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Okay, so I have been busying myself with my business.
Making candles...
The Mulberry Collection
(My personal favorite)
And Blue Downey
(Yes it is april fresh)


I don't want to admit it ... but cooking actually intimidates me a little. Which is funny because everyone I cook for tells me I am an awesome cook. I think I can put a good meal together .. BUT my presentation needs work .
I have really enjoyed being on HCG because I feel like a much braver cook. I have been really working at making TASTY meals.
There is a kind of freedom in being limited in calories...
I enjoy HCG because I can eat real food that does not taste like it is frozen OR like it is cardboard.

Granny Smith Apples / Cinnamon and Stevi
Sliced Granny Smith Apple before being diced
I placed this in a pan that I lightly coated with
spray OLIVE OIL. I tossed the apple in the pan
and sprinkled them with cinnamon and stevia
I was not really sure how much to use since I
was really experimenting .
I found that IF you use too much cinnamon,
it is not so good. Reminder that too much
Stevia... can taste bitter. So use to taste.

(final product) It tasted... YUMMY!


Bison Meatballs Homemade Marinara Zuccini and Basil
Ok I saw this on Rainey's page but could NOT find the recipe so I experimented with this also.
The Marinara
4 tomatoes
4 garlic cloves
Salt
Pepper
2 packets of stevia
Handful of spinach
2 tablespoons of onion
onion powder
and 1 roasted pepper
Basil
(food processor to desired texture)
I only cooked this for like an hour
But I have to say... if it was cooked longer .. OMG... would be amazing!

Bison Meatballs
I used about a quarter of a cup of onion
garlic salt
onion powder
basil
salt
pepper
and formed into balls
I baked these in the oven for like 30 minutes (covered)
Then I pulled them out of the oven and covered them with the marina and covered them back up and baked them for 20minutes . I uncovered them and cooked them uncovered for 10 mins
while preparing the zuccini and cooking it.
Zuccini
I sprayed the pan with olive oil (lightly)
chopped zuccini
sprinkled with salt
pepper
and basil
It turned out to be a really great meal. Mr. Abbott was really pleased! He said it was phenomenal. ::blush:: I have never eaten Bison before but I have heard how low in fat it is and how much healthier than red meat it is . At first I thought it tasted a little gamey.. but really .. it tasted good . I mean REALLY good. i was impressed.
For my first homemade marinara ... I am going to make it my go to marinara sauce !
Anyway... that has been my projects so far :)

No comments:

Post a Comment